|     |  

Prime Rib

I've never made a standing rib roast before, so I gave it a try, and it worked!

That piece is about 10.8 oz., so I cut it in half before eating it, so I got 4 servings out of the 2.25 lb. roast, which is actually a good deal!

As the roast was really small, it would not stand by itself so I tied it to the pan. That worked perfectly!

I basically used this recipe , and it worked great.

Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and garlic powder.

Roast for 30 minutes at 450°F.

Lower the heat to 350°F and roast until the internal temperature is 110°F. With a full-sized roast it could take 30 to 60 minutes more (around 15-20 minutes per pound).

It took 15 minutes and my tiny roast was 120°F, however it was perfectly done. Since this smaller roast has so much less mass cooking to the higher temperature worked perfectly.

Tent loosely with foil and let rest for 15 minutes.

I sliced it half and removed the bone. Originally I thought this was two servings, but it turns out to be more like 4 of the serving size that I normally eat.

I vacuum sealed and froze the leftovers. They should reheat perfectly in the sous vide, maybe around 122°F.

For the horseradish sauce, I made a small amount of this recipe . Basically:

It was good!


This time I made a boneless 4.2 lb. roast, since that's what was available at the grocery store.

I trimmed a bunch of the fat off this time, however this was a bad idea. I'll leave it on in the future.

I also separated out a small amount of the beef and fat for beef cracklings.

Ready to go into the oven at 450°F.

Added soy sauce to the cracklings at 15 minutes.

At 30 minutes, reduced the heat to 350°F, removed the cracklings, rotated the roast, and added a temperature probe set to 110°F.



Prepared a 5.9 lbs. beef rib roast for dinner tonight, and to vaccum seal and freeze for future meals.

After roasting for 30 minutes at 450°F before going back into the oven at 350°F.

Cooked to 110°F internal temperature. This took 1:10 after lowering the heat to 350°F.

Since I wasn't eating it right away, I let it rest for 60 minutes, removing the foil tent after 20 minutes, before slicing.

Cut and vacuum sealed 8 servings, froze all but one.

Horseradish sauce prepared.


  |     |